Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2003-04-25, 18:37   #1
Robert

Default Prince P200 stringer

I'm looking at a used P200, but don't know much about them. Any comments as to reliability and reasonable price for one in "good" condition will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.[/b]
Old 2003-04-28, 23:08   #2
Pilot70D

Send a message via ICQ to Pilot70D
Default Re: Prince P200 stringer

Robert, when new the Prince P200 was an innovative design and a great stringing machine. While this machine is capable of producing a top quality string job you might be better off considering a different machine for several reasons.

First, this machine been out of production for several years now making replacement parts soewhat difficult to acquire when needed. Bear in mind that all machines with moving parts will wear out eventually. Second, this machine is very large and EXTREMELY heavy. Moving it can be a problem. Third, this stringer uses slider bars. There is nothing wrong with slider bars but they do make it more difficult to string fan shaped string patterns used in some of today's racquets. The P200 also used somewhat of an odd shaped string clamp which rides on these slider bars consequently only those clamps designed specifically for this machine will fit. If a clamp ever did fail you might be able to experiment and find a replacement that would fit but that is a risk. Lastly, the P200 has lots of little pieces used to mount the various racquets that are out there. One would want to make sure that all of these pieces and both sets of slider bars are present and in good working order before buying a P200.

If you are still intersted in pursuing a P200 they have been selling for approximately $400 to $750 on eBay. The bottom line is that I would recommend purchasing something other than a P200. Incidentally there have been several good machines sold and for sale on eBay right now. If you want a further recommendation on a used machine send me an email.
Pilot70D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-13, 01:49   #3
3_days

I own a P200 and love it ... although the info from Pilot70D is spot on ... They are great stringers and they can give a tight, consistent string job. I would be hesitant to buy one without the opportunity to see what's included (mine came with a ton of clamps and mounting pieces).
3_days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-15, 21:53   #4
orb

I have a p200 as well and I love it. I am looking for a manual. Does anyone have one??
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 02:37   #5
Gaines Hillix

Check with Jim Henry at www.tennismachines.com . If anyone can help with these, he's the man.
Old 2007-08-26, 20:22   #6
paul niwano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_days View Post
I own a P200 and love it ... although the info from Pilot70D is spot on ... They are great stringers and they can give a tight, consistent string job. I would be hesitant to buy one without the opportunity to see what's included (mine came with a ton of clamps and mounting pieces).
Hi there. I don't suppose you have any guide bars or clamps you would like to sell?
Many thanks.
Paul Niwano.
paul niwano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 06:04   #7
junbug

hey guys i know someone who has a few in MA. would any of you be interested in forming an alliance of P200 owners?
junbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 02:44   #8
shoesandko

I Have a friend who has a P200 and has strung countless frames on it for the past 15 years. I have a P100 that I have had for the past 6 years.
We both agree the support and moveable tension head on my P100 are upgrades that should of been placed on the 200. 4 point support and being able to placed the tension head very close to the frame saves 2 feet of string per racquet.
shoesandko is offline   Reply With Quote