Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports

Go Back   Stringforum.net Board > Strings/Racquets/Stringing > Tennis Strings

Old 2018-12-28, 07:26   #1
ilovetennis1
help a pro develop

Default Help.. Wilson Revolve 17g need to change

Dear Forum members.
I don't know much about tennis. Unfortunately or not I have a teenager in a tennis academy wanting to be a pro. She is well motivated and works hard on her own terms. She is left handed player and has been using Wilson Revolve 17g for the past 4-5 years. It is a great string and she has done fairly well. However it lacks power. Her coaches have tries other strings (Babalot/tourna ) but she returns back to her Revolve. Unfortunately she is not able to strike with power after setting up her rallies. Revolve has been great in terms of control /spin and arm friendliness. She loves her Babalot pure drive. I would welcome sincere suggestions for a replacement string with the friendliness of Revolve but with more power. Currently she is at 49 lbs. She was at 58lbs a year ago. Physically she is strong and her technique is solid.Please fell free to ask me more questions. I am willing to try. Thanks in advance.
ilovetennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 15:52   #2
Trinity

Now the more variables, the further down the rabbit hole one can go, but the question bears asking. What racquet is she using, and has she tried others? Without getting into recommendations, I would look there first.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 16:55   #3
wferdinand

Hello!

I bought a pair of Pro Staff 97 which stringed with Revolve 17g, and this was fine with this setup, I liked. Now I stringed one from those with Yonex Poly Tour Pro 17g @ 50 lbs, and I'm so impressed. I feel more power with nice control, and this string is giving nice feel, so I suggest how give a chance to Poly Tour Pro, in a Pure Drive this looks be nice in yellow color, but avaiable in graphite. From this, 18g also can be a nice choice, thicker gauge generating more power, but from Revolve 17g is the thickest.
wferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 17:15   #4
Trinity

And sorry I didn't notice that you did state what her racquet is, the Pure Drive.

I wouldn't imply there is anything wrong with that racquet, just that trying something else might help. I personally love my racquet, also, it feels like part of my arm, but I have tried many others and except for some Head models, they ALL give me more power than mine. Yet still I stick with it! That feel is more important to me.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 18:28   #5
ilovetennis1
help a pro develop

Yonex Poly pro 17 appears similar (tennis warehouse university) with a bit more power. I will give it a try. I will let you all know. Thank you.
Old 2018-12-28, 20:07   #6
ilovetennis1
help a pro develop

Revolve has worked well for her. Just the power issue. Wondering if I should tweak the racquet or let her generate more power as she develops. Her age group peers display more power so we have room to grow in variables. Yes the deeper in the Rabbit hole.
Old 2018-12-29, 03:33   #7
psp2

If, and I mean only if... she can handle it, you can try adding a gram of lead tape to bring up her rqt swingweight. Start slow, don't confuse her with data/specs. Just add a gram of lead and see if she can tell AND maintain her RHS.
psp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 04:33   #8
ilovetennis12

I'm still puzzle due to the fact that she's using a pure drive, 48 lbs, and "strong."
Hybrid with a powerful multifilament or natural gut.
Throw some lead at 3 and 9.
ilovetennis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 01:01   #9
ilovetennis1
help a pro develop

for multifilament ?Wilson NXT Power 17. Should I hybrid with the Revolve or go full bed NXT?
Old 2018-12-30, 03:06   #10
ilovetennis12

I would go with a hybrid. The racquet is gonna feel like mush to her, if she uses a full bed of multi.
ilovetennis12 is offline   Reply With Quote