Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2012-06-25, 17:23   #1
gulbisbighitter18

Default Yonex VCore Tour 97 Review!

Again, it's not my review, it's from Ed, found on Yonex facebook page, he is an expert in Yonex rackets. Worth it to read. I found it to be very nice specially for those who want to buy pro stock racquets, I have as well this racquet is better than pro stock racquets from HEAD and Wilson specially considering the prices paid.

First of, I'd like to say I am a huge Yonex fan, loyal customer, I use and buy everything Yonex offers, I am also a racket collector, of course I collect Yonex rackets, I have more than 70 and around 15 different models of mids, many 95's and a few 98's, around 30 different models. I buy them, I don't get stuff for free to praise about, I'm not bias towards a certain Yonex model just to help in sales, whether it's new or from the 80's it makes no difference to me.

When I heard about the VCore Tours I was excited, right away I thought they were designed for Tour players, meaning heavier than what Yonex offers now on VCore line. When i found out about the specs and saw a 330g unstrung for the Tour 97 and 325g unstrung for the 89, I was very excited about it, Yonex had finally completed the V-Core line. Then the promo came out, Gyro drive, I thought "I want the gyro drive and I WANT IT NOW! Nothing against the regular VCores, but I like heavy rackets and I've been using them for a long time, I don't have that fastest racket head speed but for sure I know how to use the weight of the heavy ones and that's where my power comes from, I have a long swing and swing the heck out of it, no fear whatsoever.

First thing I noticed when I received my demos was the astonishing paint job, that would make Picasso proud, the color and finish is dignified of the cars from Maranello (Ferrari to those who don't know what I'm referring to) . These VCore Tours have the artwork with the most beautiful colors ever put together on a tennis racket, it's love at first glance, at the moment I had them in hands I knew it, all i wanted afterwards were the rackets to play the way i like.

I rotate rackets all the time, SRD Tour 95, RD-8, RD-7 and Yonex RDS mid made for a player, are in my bag now, but I still use all R series, RX series, URD Ti's, you name it, I have it somewhere around here and play with.

The Vcore Tour 97 is one of the best rackets Yonex has made in a long time, the feel of this racket is amazing, is very similar to the RD-8 that I love so much, it is explosive in the sweet spot (huge BTW), soft and a somewhat crisp at the same time, you swing it, you get the power, plenty of, it's kind like a video game, that suddenly you press "Boost" and there you go, you crush the ball, micro core works, so does the longer throat, I guess that's where the extra stability, power come from, it feels like an extended racket without being so.

This VCore Tour 97 is a like a tank in a mission, nothing stops it, hitting against heavy hitters is a pleasure, still feels like a pillow, no vibrations whatsoever, the frame whispers without making a noise, that's how great it is, I'm using it without vibration dampener with Yonex Poly Tour Pro graphite at 53/50, I never use racket with polyester without VD, I do now. One of the reasons why I use Yonex is because of its feel, I need the best feel from the racket as I use polyester. Down the line shots are kinda like a laser gun precision shot, it just hits the line or the 3x3 on the corner, precision is on serve is amazing, in the right hands this is a ball crusher, flat hitters will love this racket. It does produce a decent spin but not like the RDiS series or SRD Tour 95 (spin monster). The grip shape are excellent, better than RDiS, RDS, RD, and the grip is great as well, I can play with it, but I just chose not to, I prefer to use a Super Grap (also the best over grip) and change it when I need.

More impressive is the balance between hitting a heavy spinny ball and a flat shot, it works beautifully well on both, slices have so much pace and the balls almost slither on the court. On serve this racket shines in all types of serve, volleys are superb, it's not cumbersome if you have what it takes to use, it's not as swift as the 89, but no racket is, I found it to be very maneuverable around the net, I dig this racket a lot.

Yonex has done it again, no surprise anymore,they always raise the bar, they built one of the best rackets they ever made, if you are still hung up on SRD, URD, MP, HEAD Pro Tour 630, TGK, get over that, sell the old rackets, you can buy this one, much better performance racket overall, feel is subjective, but the rest this is the best MP on the market by an ocean distance, guaranteed, I still test frames from other companies, VCore Tour 97, has no competition, it's on a league of it's own, it is the most balanced racket made in the last 15 years for sure. I ahve had many pro Stock rackets, the 97 Tour put them to shame, the market value of this racket is the cheapest you'll ever get, you won't ever buy a professional racket this awesome for this price, unless you are Wawrinka and get it for free.

The reason why I love Yonex is because, all rackets they make, are different, different molds, technology really works, they're not BS'ing like all others do and deceiving people with BLX, IG, Youtek... they do improve rackets as crazy as it seems and leave the rest for us on the courts, if equipment by itself won tournaments Yonex would always win every tournament.
Old 2013-02-10, 11:40   #2
Consigliere

Most OTT review I've ever read, and this is from some who owns 2 Yonexes.
Consigliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 13:14   #3
vidda93300

gulbisbighitter18 person and you, you made the mistake of comparing two things that are not comparable: a model of trade (any brand) and a model pro stock (any brand) can not be compared because it is not at all the same things, one (pro stock racket) is made lighter to be customized to specs requested by the player and the other (model of trade) is made to be sold is the same for everyone, it is clear that the rackets are not manufactured to the same people.
the model "yonnex" sold in stores come with an identical weight and balance, so the same for everyone and your series "Vcore tour 97" may be a very good racket, I do not know, I did but I have not tried playing with the RD01 and I did not like it at all! (this is a matter of taste and yonnex must make good racket, but the same for everyone not customizable, and you must love the shape of the head size, I do not love but it is a matter of taste and not everything has the same tastes)
I draw your attention to an important detail: it is impossible or extremely difficult to compare two different model pro stock, and even more difficult two model pro stock two different brand, for an clear reason rackets have customizable weight and balance customizable which makes one feel totally different model. the only brand that is closest to the model pro stock Donnay is because their rackets are sold with a customization kit (which allows you to change the weight in the head or neck weight or both)
Then there is another very important element to take into consideration the rigidity of the frame is identical to the same model for a model sold in the store, not similar to a model pro stock, do not forget that this detail is very important (because everyone has different tastes) I like the soft shoe and racket other person likes a little stiff and yet another person like very stiff rackets, tennis is a matter of taste, of sensation, everyone is different and therefore sell a similar model has two different person will not always happy two, often the opposite is true, otherwise we would see 10 tennis side by side, 20 players with the same racket , and over 20 years of tennis I've ever seen it (hopefully)
therefore think that yonnex resolved this equation all alone is totally false! no brand can succeed this magic trick, the human being is a being changing! (tomorrow I can love something different from what I like today, it is also true for women, it is also true for rackets)

visit my blog : http://www.viddaproshop.skyrock.com/

& visite my all album : http://www.stringforum.net/board/album.php?u=2915

for all my frames , I don't know the flex & the swingweight
sorry
vidda93300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 15:05   #4
gulbisbighitter18

Vidda, I appreciate your waste of time trying to tell me what i already know, to be simpler there is not one racket Yonex has on the market right now that can't be used and customized to personal preference, further, you live selling these Pro Stock, of course as you have already your chain set up for ridiculous profit (I don't blame you, kudos to you) you'll propel this subject that pro Stock is to be customized and blablabla, but reality is, most of the people that buy these rackets are just wasting time and money because 4.0/5.0 don't need to have personalized rackets, it's just a hobby, it's not competitive and most can barely hit 100mph serve, it becomes ludicrous when somebody wants to take a lesson, they come talking about all these crazy things they do with their rackets but when it comes to hit a ball they can't keep it in a nice level for 30seconds.

Racket to racket, it's preference, these VCore Yonex has, is more solid/more stable/more comfortable/ than any racket with the same weight/head size/ strung with the same string at the same tension, the shop where i teach has many rackets sometimes i try some of them I become disgusted by the crap some of these companies offer, including head/wilson and babolat.

it's a fact that Yonex rackets have bigger sweet spot than other rackets, it's also a fact that Vcore tour 89 has almost a double sweet spot size comparing to your beloved prestige mid in whatever you can get, it's just a better racket, that's the end. Now whether you want to have a smaller, more powerful, better racket that performs better, I don't really care, but if there is no need or pro stock when yonex already offers it, their pros really use the rackets, now does Djokovic uses the graphene speed, or murray uses ig radical??

So keep selling the pro stock, but unless a player will be professional there is no need to buy any pro stock(they will actually play with the same racket almost forever), they do feel a little better in some cases, but Yonex has the pro stock feel and quality for less.

One more thing- Most people buy head rackets just because of the brand, so they're brainwashed by brands such as head/wilson/babolat, therefore they think is better and have a prejudgment against other brands, it happened to me, I saw Sampras/Edberg/Agassi sporting wilson and head so I was into that, but my adventures lead me to what is actually better, thankfully I'm no longer part of the uniformed mass.

Anyway, I'm not gonna discuss this subject anymore, because 1- I just posted a review and actually play tested the racket and it was awesome, even bought the 89, 2- I don't really care what you or the average Joe uses, it makes no difference to me, but if somebody is asking for opinions when looking for rackets I'll be glad to chime in.

Take care, and if I ever need a Pro Stock, I'll make sure to contact you.

Last edited by gulbisbighitter18; 2013-02-10 at 15:12.
gulbisbighitter18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 16:30   #5
vidda93300

already there are several things to clarify, I like things to be clear:
1) we are in a forum, a forum can defend his ideas with a concrete argument, this is what I do when I see a person who is mistaken for a model comparing the pro player and snowshoes yonnex (or other brand) sold in stores (it is not comparable, it is impossible to make a comparison!)
now try to be more clear about the pro stock racquets:
the player under contract have a certain level of the game (this level is not sold with the racket pro stock, it is the player and have the racket will not make you play better, obviously! it will allow you to customize only the racket with specs that you want or have a pro player racket used, because there are also collector on this forum, you seem to forget that the tennis enthusiast community that we will not stop has tennis, this sport is a passion that we all live differently).
So if the choice of a person to buy a racket that we can customize it to the right (because in the world, you are free to make choices according to the desire of today or tomorrow ), this is a personal choice that everyone makes (you have to accept), we also have the right to buy a racket yonnex or another brand (that is a matter of taste and I the first to say it) yonnex has no monopoly on excellence, otherwise everyone will play by yonnex since the time, but on the tennis court, I do not see many players who played with rackets yonnex, because they have the choice of buying another brand (and I'm not talking about pro stock model, I mean model sold in stores) is not a reason to say they made a bad choice (if you think you're wrong and shows you life every day).
can you tell me how many pro players who play model yonnex sold commercially? (I'm not talking about pro stock yonnex), when I watch the tournament on TV I do not see many people who plays yonnex (and thus not much yonnex model pro stock).

Stanislas will ask if it is not yonnex racket racquet customized specially for him (thus pro stock) to see what his response (which know all mode).

it is clear that you have a preference for Yonnex (everyone here has understood) I have no problem with that, but compare a model of the store with pro stock is not possible, you need the accept (this is two totally different world!)
yes I actually sells racquets pro stock model but also sold in stores (this happens to me) when I started I played tennis in model sold in stores (I discovered the world of customization racket more later, I am not born with a pro stock in hand ha ha ha) but since I discovered that it was possible to have a custom racket has their preferences, I immediately jumped at the opportunity offered to me and since I play 85% of the time in pro stock model (it is a matter of taste, I like to customize my racquet as I want, it is a matter taste)
you made the mistake of believing that owning a racket yonnex is exactly the same feeling of owning a racquet pro stock (it is obvious that you do not know what you mean, because of all the reasons I have written more above: "it is incomparable!").

yes I will continue to sell pro stock if I get the chance and I'm happy to sell frames customizable for everyone who'd like to be able to buy (if tomorrow gives me yonnex pro stock, I sell with pleasure as all the other brand, maybe I'll try them before selling them, but it is clear that I will not play with because I heart my racket with which I play in tournaments (and I can not change it if I feel naked)
all great players are easier to sell that model use (this is normal, there is not no harm has it)
yes 80% of people who buy a racket sold in a store, do it because he loves pro player who puts forward the image of the racket of the brand, they have the right, they are free to make their choice but it does not make the mistake of saying that all the other brands are good, it does not say that their racket is better than the pro stock (not comparable)
if one day there is a pro stock I sell you what you want to buy, I'll gladly sell (but I think you will all your life with yonnex, otherwise I be surprised)

visit my blog : http://www.viddaproshop.skyrock.com/

& visite my all album : http://www.stringforum.net/board/album.php?u=2915

for all my frames , I don't know the flex & the swingweight
sorry
vidda93300 is offline   Reply With Quote