About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2006-10-18, 17:32   #1
SalvadorVeiga

Default Buying A Stringer Machine In Europe

Hello everyone...
I've been looking up for several stringing machines the last weekend in order to purchase one... But it seems kind of hard to get one at considerable prices in Europe. I live in Portugal and as far I've looked the local stores don't sell these machines...

My budget is around 450 €uros... which machines do you think are the best value either electronic or crank... I am a total newbie so help would be appreciated in looking up for models...

I have checked into Silent Partner but they don't ship overseas...I've checked Eagnas but I am kinda of afraid in getting stuff from them... what other online shops that SHIP OVERSEAS do you guys know of ?

My purpose for a stringer is to string my own racquets in order to test more strings, tensions and gauges etc which can be quite expensive if you are not stringing in your own...also probably I could string occasionally for friends but no more that that...so I would be stringing 6-8 racquets a week at TOPPS!

thanks in advance to everyone
SalvadorVeiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 23:51   #2
SalvadorVeiga

can't anyone help me on this one ? where to buy the best machines in a 500 € range online and a store that can ship to Europe ! I would really appreciate some help...
Old 2006-10-20, 16:04   #3
gotwheels

SalvadorVeiga,
The Stringway stringing machines (Laserfibre brand in US) are based out of Denmark I believe. These are excellent, high quality machines that have base machines with flying clamps (excellent) with upgrades to fixed clamp systems. Also, look for good quality used machines such as GAMMA and Alpha. Both of these companies have excellent service.

You will be gambling in purchasing an Eagnus (Pro's Pro is similar?), Mutual Power, etc. as some are OK but some are poorly claibrated, may have poor fitting parts, or faulty parts. Their customer service comes under lots of question. The machine may not work properly and as a new stringer, you may not recognize the defect.

Good luck and enjoy stringing. Good stringing is an art and science!
gotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 19:07   #4
Dano

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadorVeiga View Post
Hello everyone...
I've been looking up for several stringing machines the last weekend in order to purchase one... But it seems kind of hard to get one at considerable prices in Europe. I live in Portugal and as far I've looked the local stores don't sell these machines...

My budget is around 450 €uros... which machines do you think are the best value either electronic or crank... I am a total newbie so help would be appreciated in looking up for models...

I have checked into Silent Partner but they don't ship overseas...I've checked Eagnas but I am kinda of afraid in getting stuff from them... what other online shops that SHIP OVERSEAS do you guys know of ?

My purpose for a stringer is to string my own racquets in order to test more strings, tensions and gauges etc which can be quite expensive if you are not stringing in your own...also probably I could string occasionally for friends but no more that that...so I would be stringing 6-8 racquets a week at TOPPS!

thanks in advance to everyone
Salvador-I admire your persistence. Try this: http://www.sportco.co.nz/
These people are in New Zealand. I don't know anything about them. Before I purchased my SP, I Googled every possible scenario and found these guys along with others. Check them out. Now you have me wanting to search the world for a machine for you.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 22:06   #5
SalvadorVeiga

Thank you Dano. That's true you probably found so many threads of mine on other forums too... But since I'm new to this and it has been quite hard to find something decent in Europe (I know I can get stuff outside Europe but that will turn the machine way overpricey due to tax fees and import)

I found this one though it seems like a good machine would you guys check it out it looks very good...it is dropweight and I can chose fixed clamps...

Would you guys check it out here's the site --> http://www.stringway.com/en/index.htm

then just click the top machine on your left side the M(L) 90

Let me know something about this one
Old 2006-10-20, 23:15   #6
Dano

Salvador-Looks like you found your machine, dude.
In the States it's a Laserfibre.
Did you check out the Black Knight @ Sport Co.?
This Stringway looks like a good machine. Having used this form of mounting system( SP CL) and that of the Black Knight (SP DG), you may want to have the 6 point, swing arm (DG) system. Just my input!! I don't know the cost of either of these machines so a considerable cost difference for the 6 point, swing arm system may not be advantages.
In the event you need/want to up grade this (Stringway), looks like it could be done with a minimal amount of customizing.
Good job.
Old 2006-10-21, 00:25   #7
SalvadorVeiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Salvador-Looks like you found your machine, dude.
In the States it's a Laserfibre.
Did you check out the Black Knight @ Sport Co.?
This Stringway looks like a good machine. Having used this form of mounting system( SP CL) and that of the Black Knight (SP DG), you may want to have the 6 point, swing arm (DG) system. Just my input!! I don't know the cost of either of these machines so a considerable cost difference for the 6 point, swing arm system may not be advantages.
In the event you need/want to up grade this (Stringway), looks like it could be done with a minimal amount of customizing.
Good job.
Thanks for you input, but I didn't quite get everything you said. It looks like this M90 is a 5 point, I quote:"The racquet head is supported at 3 points and the bridge at 2 points.". What is your opinion on the swing arm ? I still don't know the cost of this machine either but at least there is a distributor in my country.

The upgrade feature you are talking of in what features are you talking about ? I think the machine comes already with fixed clamps... unless it's possible to upgrade to electronic (??)... But overall seems a good stringer for a low amount of racquets right ? I'll find out what the price is and if it is inside my range I think I will go for it... How do you know the CS of stringway ? Is it good ? My guess is if it's based in Denmark/Netherlands that oughta be good

Thanks for all, Dude
Old 2006-10-21, 00:45   #8
Dano

I'm just trying to lay out all the things I thought of after I purchased my 1st machine.
The upgrade stuff I'm talking about may never be an issue for you. Simply put: I purchased an entry level machine and realized I wanted more of a machine. That probably says more of my personality than what I truly need a string machine for. In other words, the SP-CL actually suited me just fine for what I wanted it for but I had to have more of a machine.
This Stringway unit will be just fine for you for many years to come. If you string 3 or 4 frames a week for the next 5 years, I'm sure it will perform great. I can not speak of their CS.
If you have a little time, I would keep searching and stay tuned to the diff. forum sites and eventually, you will find Salvador's machine.
Keep plugging away, my friend, you're getting closer.
Old 2006-10-21, 00:59   #9
SalvadorVeiga

eheheh thanks... But I think this one is the closest so far...it is almost getting the high point at the podium... I read in their website that within the same model you truly can "customize" the machine according to your preferences... Either you want floating clamps, or fixed double action clamps or fixed single action clamps...

What is your opinion regarding the clamps ? From what I read the single action are better since you only need one movement (the clamp tightens the strings and fixes to the base with one movement) Also it has constant pull...

I dont know if I'll go with this machine but I get your point...My personality also would guide for a DG but I can't get one since I am in bloody Europe and getting one of those is like double the money from United States... Good old times when I lived there...

I already contacted my country's dealer and the guy seemed to be nice offering me to go to his place to see his machine work...but it is kind of far away... I hope I'll get all the info I need regarding prices etc and models somewhat this weekend... I'll keep searching for more but so far this one is my number one pick

Thanks for all your time spared with me
Old 2006-10-21, 01:59   #10
josephhkim

LaserFibre/Stringway make excellent quality products, so i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Stay away from flying clamps, they aren't as reliable and lose tension.

The single-action clamps are quite a bit more expensive, and in my opinion, don't offer much of an advantage. It would be more of a personal preference. I'd go with the double-action clamps.
josephhkim is offline   Reply With Quote