Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2009-12-11, 21:45   #1
thoffnagle

Default Laserfibre?

Does anyone know what is going on with Laserfibre? I ordered a stringing machine from them over a month ago and have received nothing from them, other than the immediate (computer generated) acknowledgment of the order. I have emailed them and gotten no response. I have called dozens of times and left messages but got no response. I did talk to a guy briefly about a week ago - he dais that he'd call me back the next day....nothing. Also, their web site isn't working - I wonder if they went out of business. Should I start looking for a different machine?
thoffnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 01:39   #2
cheezhdinil

Pardon my mood....but, I think you should be looking for canceling the charge on your credit card! At least that's what I'd be checking on at this point!

Good luck, Cheez
cheezhdinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 07:23   #3
STRINGA

Default Laserfibre is out of business

There are a lot of discussions about LF on Tenniswarehouse. They could not supply the machines they offered.
Because you went for an automatic dropweight you might consider Stringway now, they are the only ones who sell auto constant pull Units.
Alpha sells them in the states, SW sells worldwide.
STRINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 18:03   #4
thoffnagle

Default Laserfibre

Yeah, I canceled the credit card payment a couple of weeks ago, after I saw that their web site was down and they weren't answering the phones. And, I have called Stringway. Thanks for the help!
thoffnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 14:06   #5
tenwishesgood

Default Laserfibre problem

Just wanted to add my recent experience with laserfibre. Two years after this first post it seems to be the same story. Not sure how they can be in business. I was trying to place my order and the card wouldn't go through. Called 30 times, emailed: nothing. Have spoken with Tim and he will talk for an hour about the diablo but then they simply disappear. If it's this hard to give them money - how hard would it be to resolve any problems?
I am buying elsewhere and would be happy with anyone's thoughts about an Alpha pioneer or a Gamma or there is an AG 602 F for $249 with tools and strings. Thanks.
tenwishesgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 19:14   #6
FredT

Default CP ? or not

Quote:
Just wanted to add my recent experience with laserfibre. Two years after this first post it seems to be the same story. Not sure how they can be in business. I was trying to place my order and the card wouldn't go through. Called 30 times, emailed: nothing. Have spoken with Tim and he will talk for an hour about the diablo but then they simply disappear. If it's this hard to give them money - how hard would it be to resolve any problems?
I am buying elsewhere and would be happy with anyone's thoughts about an Alpha pioneer or a Gamma or there is an AG 602 F for $249 with tools and strings. Thanks.
I assume that you want the LF machine because of the constant pull system.

Why don't you go for the Strignway dropweights?
FredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 19:40   #7
tenwishesgood

Default constant pull

Hi Fred,
I did like that design - makes perfect sense, but the stringway machines were much more expensive and did not seem to have improved clamping etc. So I didn't see where the big added cost came from. I won't be stringing a huge amount and don't think the linear will be a problem at all - though I don't really get the advantage of the crank so much.
Old 2011-07-13, 19:47   #8
FredT

Quote:
Hi Fred,
I did like that design - makes perfect sense, but the stringway machines were much more expensive and did not seem to have improved clamping etc. So I didn't see where the big added cost came from. I won't be stringing a huge amount and don't think the linear will be a problem at all - though I don't really get the advantage of the crank so much.
Just curious:
Improved clamping? What do you mean, the racquet clamping or the clamps.

What do you mean by "the linear" with a problem?

Of course SW machines come from Europe to European standards with 10 year guarantee and the others all come from China, with ?? guarantee.
Old 2011-07-13, 21:27   #9
tenwishesgood

I don't see why the stringway costs so much more than the laserfibre.
I'd rather have a 5 year warranty from a company that has good customer service and returns calls than 10 year from a company that can't answer the phone.
I have not heard of any problems with the Alpha pioneer even if it is made in china - I imagine most stringers are mostly made there.
Old 2011-07-14, 05:35   #10
FredT

Quote:
I don't see why the stringway costs so much more than the laserfibre.
I'd rather have a 5 year warranty from a company that has good customer service and returns calls than 10 year from a company that can't answer the phone.
Because the LF a "standard" Chinese machine with a LF tensioner (also made in China).
I thought that Alpha offers top class service and picks up the phone and offers the 10 year guarantee on the SW machines.

Quote:
I have not heard of any problems with the Alpha pioneer even if it is made in china - I imagine most stringers are mostly made there.
Of course but I think the SW's and the Pioneer are quite a different level.