Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2016-11-22, 16:17   #1
kaninfaan

Lightbulb Open letter to the Admins regarding the Classifieds

A few sellers on this site is trying to hold 'silent' black-market type auctions where they aim to have interested buyers bid against each other without knowing each others bids, without a starting asking price and without any transferency whatsoever.

As an example a seller recently attracted attention to his ad by posting that he would "give a great deal!!!".
When asked about a pricequote the answer was "give me an offer".

Im gonna quote my reply here since it summs up my opinions on this.

"Imagine you walk into a shop and ask the guy behind the counter how much he wants for whatever-it-is-youre-interested-in and he stares back at you and says: "- make me an offer"

That's not a serious way to conduct business.

Either you put up an ad, and that includes a price, or you put up an auction with a starting price.

Anything else is bullshit and although seemingly allowed by this forum not the behaviour of a professional seller but rather some dodgy codger trying to "milk the market" in hopes of finding someone that overpays for his merchandise due to lack of market knowledge.

I am not wishing you good luck with this."

With this as an example I hereby urge the Admins on this site to require sellers to post an asking price as well as doing what stringforum can do, to facilitate good business behaviour in every aspect of the transaction.

Please dont let greed and Trump-ish behaviour ruin a good thing.

My opinions may well be in the minority and if so I shall simply stop frequenting that part of the forums.

Thanks for reading.
/k
kaninfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 03:46   #2
ball boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaninfaan View Post
A few sellers on this site is trying to hold 'silent' black-market type auctions where they aim to have interested buyers bid against each other without knowing each others bids, without a starting asking price and without any transferency whatsoever.

As an example a seller recently attracted attention to his ad by posting that he would "give a great deal!!!".

When asked about a pricequote the answer was "give me an offer".

Im gonna quote my reply here since it summs up my opinions on this.

"Imagine you walk into a shop and ask the guy behind the counter how much he wants for whatever-it-is-youre-interested-in and he stares back at you and says: "- make me an offer"

That's not a serious way to conduct business.

Either you put up an ad, and that includes a price, or you put up an auction with a starting price.

Anything else is bullshit and although seemingly allowed by this forum not the behaviour of a professional seller but rather some dodgy codger trying to "milk the market" in hopes of finding someone that overpays for his merchandise due to lack of market knowledge.

I am not wishing you good luck with this."

With this as an example I hereby urge the Admins on this site to require sellers to post an asking price as well as doing what stringforum can do, to facilitate good business behaviour in every aspect of the transaction.

Please dont let greed and Trump-ish behaviour ruin a good thing.

My opinions may well be in the minority and if so I shall simply stop frequenting that part of the forums.

Thanks for reading.

/k

We’ll stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ball boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-29, 16:15   #3
Coando

In my eyes, you should not be allowed to sell something without either mentioning a price or declaring it as "auction" (however this shall proceed)
Coando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyers, classifieds, feedback, sellers