Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2014-02-07, 00:15   #1
Spinking

Post Hybrid Stringing

Hi guys am 16 thinking about playing collage tennis after high and i was advised to play with hybrid string bed.

Lately i have been thinking about Luxilon 4G 16L mains 57/Tecnifibre NRG2 16 55 or Head Hawk 16 55 cross. anyone tested yet? reviews please.

Can you tell me Why hybrid is 'so good'? other than the economic reasons and any good hybrid sting setups?

PS: I play with head Graphene Prestige Pro(Head Hawk 59)

Please your comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Spinking; 2014-02-07 at 00:45. Reason: added head hawk to list of cross
Spinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 00:14   #2
GLM_PHILLY
USRSA CS

Softer cross makes it easier on your arm.
As Hawk is a 2014 release, I take it you have used full poly last season I install the non-poly 3 lbs higher to allow for the difference in material stiffness.
Poly/poly hybrid,< 4g/Hawk>,I would not bother with as it offers a slighter change from a full bed.
GLM_PHILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 03:48   #3
Spinking

The head hawk and the NRG2 are mono strings. i am thinking 4G because of durability so i want that in mains. and i have no arm problems ever
Old 2014-02-08, 10:46   #4
GLM_PHILLY
USRSA CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinking View Post
The head hawk and the NRG2 are mono strings. i am thinking 4G because of durability so i want that in mains. and i have no arm problems ever
No NRG is a multi. Check here
http://www.holabirdsports.com/tecnifibre-nrg2-19.html
I have played all of the strings you have listed, & at 16 I did not know what an injury was.
Good luck in your search.
The differences I find are slight for most polys but each player has what they like at a given time.

Last edited by GLM_PHILLY; 2014-02-08 at 10:48. Reason: format
Old 2014-02-09, 03:46   #5
Spinking

I play on Hard and carpet courts, Mostly Hard and i like to swing BIG! so i want low powered strings so thats why.
Old 2014-02-10, 18:38   #6
GLM_PHILLY
USRSA CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinking View Post
I play on Hard and carpet courts, Mostly Hard and i like to swing BIG! so i want low powered strings so thats why.
Full bed of poly then.
Old 2014-02-12, 19:42   #7
hefesto7

Expanding on GLM_PHILLY's answer, a full poly will definitely allow you to swing harder. However, I would be conservative on the tension. Polyester's nature is to be stiff so tensions above 54 will make it feel like a board. I had the experience of people requesting polyester strung at 60 pounds since that is what they used with multi. I tried to persuade them to lower the tension but usually without success; 3 days later they will tell me that the racket feels stiff as a piece of wood.

On your question about advantages about hybrids, from my experience I get several attributes when the mains are polyester and using a gut/multi cross. First, a nylon/multi on the cross makes the overall bed softer. Some polyesters are extremely stiff and the cross can help make the whole bed comfortable.

Second, the hybrid can give you more feel in comparison to full polyester.

Third, I can use a powerful cross if the main is lacking.

I have not experienced any improvement with more spin when using hybrids.

Overall, a hybrid job allows you to experiment with different setups. If you like the response of a fragile multi then you have an alternative. If a poly feels harsh on the arm then a multi/gut cross can greatly improve comfort. I would experiment with several setups (more if you string your own rackets). Every player is different, one day you will get the perfect combination that fits your play style. In a way, a hybrid is like tennis alchemy!

Last edited by hefesto7; 2014-02-12 at 19:44.
hefesto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 17:30   #8
Spinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefesto7 View Post
Expanding on GLM_PHILLY's answer, a full poly will definitely allow you to swing harder. However, I would be conservative on the tension. Polyester's nature is to be stiff so tensions above 54 will make it feel like a board. I had the experience of people requesting polyester strung at 60 pounds since that is what they used with multi. I tried to persuade them to lower the tension but usually without success; 3 days later they will tell me that the racket feels stiff as a piece of wood.

On your question about advantages about hybrids, from my experience I get several attributes when the mains are polyester and using a gut/multi cross. First, a nylon/multi on the cross makes the overall bed softer. Some polyesters are extremely stiff and the cross can help make the whole bed comfortable.

Second, the hybrid can give you more feel in comparison to full polyester.

Third, I can use a powerful cross if the main is lacking.

I have not experienced any improvement with more spin when using hybrids.

Overall, a hybrid job allows you to experiment with different setups. If you like the response of a fragile multi then you have an alternative. If a poly feels harsh on the arm then a multi/gut cross can greatly improve comfort. I would experiment with several setups (more if you string your own rackets). Every player is different, one day you will get the perfect combination that fits your play style. In a way, a hybrid is like tennis alchemy!
thanks alot you really helped

Tags
hybrid, string advice