Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2010-03-29, 22:10   #1
PeRFection
Roger Federer! Allez

Send a message via AIM to PeRFection
Smile Luxilon BB ALU 16 Hybrids?

Hi guys,
I'm currently using Luxilon ALU power 16 strings on my microgel Prestige.
These strings are the best I've played with, but I have always used them in full, mains & crosses. I am looking to try a hybrid combination with my luxilon so I came here for advice.
A little about my playing style: I consider myself a baseliner with variety who is an opportunist. I like to move my opponents and ultimately force the errors.
Thanks &
Kind regards,
-Mike
P.S. This community is awesome, I love the discussions people are having and the knowledgeable people responding. Great to be here lol
PeRFection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 22:24   #2
Gerwalk

I tried Alu Power Rough with Isospeed Professional and Babolat NV.Y. The Isospeed felt much better and softened up the Alu. Plus it seems to hold tension very well for a soft multifilament. I loved how it played but ultimately it just seemed a bit too harsh for me. If you like a firmer feel then you might the NV.y combo better.

I bet using Tecnifibre NRG as a cross would be a little slice of Heaven but I've been very happy with Black Code and NRG lately.
Gerwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 23:49   #3
PeRFection
Roger Federer! Allez

Send a message via AIM to PeRFection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerwalk View Post
I tried Alu Power Rough with Isospeed Professional and Babolat NV.Y. The Isospeed felt much better and softened up the Alu. Plus it seems to hold tension very well for a soft multifilament. I loved how it played but ultimately it just seemed a bit too harsh for me. If you like a firmer feel then you might the NV.y combo better.

I bet using Tecnifibre NRG as a cross would be a little slice of Heaven but I've been very happy with Black Code and NRG lately.
Thanks for the reply!
I haven't had any experience with Isospeed or babolat, but I might look them up.
I find it interesting that I was considering Technifibre NRG as my crosses since I enjoyed playing with them as fulls. I've researched that black code is also a good string so I might try that too.
Thanks for the advice once again.
PeRFection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 17:02   #4
Nadal46

between black code and NRG for hybrid i'd pick NRG
Nadal46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 23:40   #5
iamtompowers

I use Prince Syngut Duraflex on my crosses at 60. I've tried natural Gut (great feel but erratic results with each hit) but prefer the cheaper syngut. Plus, I think it's more predictable with each hit although I'm sure with time, I'd adapt to natural gut.
I AM thinking of using gut crosses for Doubles though.
iamtompowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 16:17   #6
The_Question

I'm currently using Titan Gut in the main, and Alu Rough on cross. I prefer the feel of the gut, and spin ability of the Alu Rough...It's a good combination...
Old 2010-05-14, 19:09   #7
Nadal46

also you could try tecnifibre x-one or natural gut
Nadal46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 13:55   #8
Nabbydian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtompowers View Post
I use Prince Syngut Duraflex on my crosses at 60. I've tried natural Gut (great feel but erratic results with each hit) but prefer the cheaper syngut. Plus, I think it's more predictable with each hit although I'm sure with time, I'd adapt to natural gut.
I AM thinking of using gut crosses for Doubles though.
i have PSGD on my crosses too with Luxilon as mains on my Barricade Tour,MG Prestige MP & Yonex RDS002Tour. however i believe we shouldnt string high with this setup as the PSGD is already stiff on its own.

i was wondering if forten sweet would make a good combination as it will help to soften the luxilon and make it less harsh.
Nabbydian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 17:47   #9
uk_skippy

The choice of which string to hybrid with ALU Power tends to fall into 2 catergories. 1) to soften up the stringbed, or 2) to make the ALU Power hybrid cheaper but with a similar feel.

If you want to soft it up, got with a Natural gut, or a high quality multi.

If you want to retain a similar feel but save some money, I'd go with PSGD. As Nabbydian has said, PSGD is stiff for a syn gut so if fits in well with the ALU Power.

Tags
banger, big, hybrid, luxilon, strings