Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2012-07-23, 17:11   #1
zunderlips27

Default Help: multifilament /durability /elbow

Hi! i had tennis elbow last year and after being adviced by many people i changed from polyeser to multifilament.

I got 10 sets of TECHINIFIBRE NRG2 1.18

I really enjoy the string and it feels great but....I break the string after 3-4 hours of playing and I have never been a"string breaker". That is going to ruin me! I can not keep using it. Its impossible for my "monthly tennis budget"

Can you please recommend some other multifilaments that are good for the elbow and last, at least, 7-8 hours?

One other question: is the gauge important for the elbow as well? I chose 1.18 thinking that it good be softer but I dont mind playing 1.25 .
Thanks a lot!!
zunderlips27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 23:58   #2
vidda93300

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunderlips27 View Post
Hi! i had tennis elbow last year and after being adviced by many people i changed from polyeser to multifilament.

I got 10 sets of TECHINIFIBRE NRG2 1.18

I really enjoy the string and it feels great but....I break the string after 3-4 hours of playing and I have never been a"string breaker". That is going to ruin me! I can not keep using it. Its impossible for my "monthly tennis budget"

Can you please recommend some other multifilaments that are good for the elbow and last, at least, 7-8 hours?

One other question: is the gauge important for the elbow as well? I chose 1.18 thinking that it good be softer but I dont mind playing 1.25 .
Thanks a lot!!
you have already tried the Tecnifibre TGV (1.30 or 1.35 )? this is a multifilament which is very resisitant, it is very nice for those who have a neck problem (like you) but I am not surprised that the NRG2 ( 1.18) does not last very long, it is an excellent rope but is fragile (therefore quality / price ratio quite expensive)

the advantage is that the TGV is very reactive (nervous) for a multi ( "1.30" or "1.35" guaranteed him a life well supperior to 4 hours)

my choice of a multi me is the "Tecnifibre X-one biphase in 1.30" but it breaks all the 1h30 maximum (very trial of a natural gut, but very fragile) so I ride in hybrid for the coil makes me longer

visit my blog : http://www.viddaproshop.skyrock.com/

& visite my all album : http://www.stringforum.net/board/album.php?u=2915

for all my frames , I don't know the flex & the swingweight
sorry
vidda93300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 15:32   #3
sovertennis

I, too, suffered from severe tennis elbow last year (and opted for surgery, which was 100% successful; I now use a full set of poly, strung loosely, and have no discomfort at all) and tried multi's. I had the best luck with Isospeed Energetic 16, but like all the other multi's, it begins to move in the frame within an hour, and is either "dead" or breaks within 3-4 hours. Using a multi/syth or nylon hybrid didn't make much difference in the string life.
sovertennis is offline   Reply With Quote