Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2016-09-29, 20:41   #1
tenniselbow

Default Good Rackets for Tennis Elbow?

I am demoing more flexible rackets for my March 2016 tennis elbow and using only synthetic gut strings. So far so good. playing better than with poly strings

what rackets do you recommend for tennis elbow please?

Thanks,
Chris
tenniselbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 22:20   #2
tenniselbow

specifically in the Head brand for tennis elbow and other brands also. Thanks!
tenniselbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 10:27   #3
gmorera

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniselbow View Post
I am demoing more flexible rackets for my March 2016 tennis elbow and using only synthetic gut strings. So far so good. playing better than with poly strings

what rackets do you recommend for tennis elbow please?

Thanks,
Chris
Pacific is also a very good brand for soft racquets. I'm currently using the X force pro 18x20 with isospeed control 16 and my arm is better than ever :-)
gmorera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 22:44   #4
ShahofTennis

I think you should look into stiffer, and perhaps extended length frames. Can't imagine why you'd want a frame that gives you tennis elbow though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 2016-10-02, 03:17   #5
xvd

I actually found out that synthetic gut was one of the main reason of my tendinitis.

Playing with a soft poly at a lower tension is actually better than synthetic gut 10lbs higher to control its power.

Obviously heavy flexible frame is the tennis elbow recommendation and applies (Yonex AI 98 310g + lead tape for me, heavy enough but not very flexible)
xvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 19:33   #6
ilovetennis12

If you're looking for something in the Head brand, I would recommend Head Microgel Radical MP, the IG Radical MP(18x20) or IG Radical Pro (16x19). Definitely, great racquets because they have an RA in the low 60s.
ilovetennis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 03:35   #7
Anh Bigtoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetennis12 View Post
If you're looking for something in the Head brand, I would recommend Head Microgel Radical MP, the IG Radical MP(18x20) or IG Radical Pro (16x19). Definitely, great racquets because they have an RA in the low 60s.
I recommend 2 racquets for tennis elbow:

1. Head retail racquet Microgel Radical MP same as ilovetennis12's recommendation. I do not have this racquet and never use this racquet. However, I recommend this racquet because I read that Microgel material is very soft material like gel. Microgel helps to absorb shocks on ball impact.

2. Head pro stock racquet tgk 263.3. I have this racquet and I am currently using this racquet to cure my tennis elbow. I strung Kevlar string into this racquet and played tennis without pain. I used this racquet only 1.5 months and my tennis elbow improved immediately from first time (Nov 2016) I used this head pro stock racquet tgk 263.3. I strongly believe that if I continue use this racquet for another one month, my tennis elbow will heal completely.

Head pro stock TGK 263.3 paint job Youtek IG Speed MP 300
Old 2016-12-16, 18:00   #8
maliguinem

I developed elbow problems with my babolat... I switched to Prince Tour 95, same racket that Brian Brothers use, it's very flexible and accurate. I played with it 3-4 months and my elbow has improved as well as my tennis. This racket is a bit heavier then most and make you work a bit harder on your timing and technique. Now, I play with Yonex DR98 and no elbow issues so far. Also make sure to check your string and check with the pro to see if your technique is the cause as in many cases if you hit the ball too late - you will have elbow issues. Good luck!
maliguinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 05:06   #9
MikeC

Use a Pro Kennex 5G, or a Volkl V1 Classic. These racquets are great for TE.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 17:25   #10
Trinity

I'm sure there a lot of great choices, but when I saw maliguinem mention the Prince Tour 95, I wanted to chime in.

I haven't tried the more recent Princes, but they seem to get less press than some, and my (is it now "vintage"?) Prince Triple Threat Hornet is fantastic for my elbow. I'm 62 and play 3-5 times a week, 2-4 hours a day. If anyone should blow up his elbow, it's me! I have three, and I run syn guy and co-poly both on them.

So if Prince is still similar, as maliguinem mentions, they are worth a try.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote