Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2016-12-31, 14:25   #1
pip.cook

Default Pros Pro Pilot clamp issues!

I bought a Pro's Pro Pilot machine and it came 2/3 days ago. Upon stringing my first practise racket, I noticed the string slipping through the clamps, so I tightened them to stop this. However this didn't work and I ended up crushing the string every time I clamped them... I'm really struggling to find the point where they can be held firmly but not crushed!

Also the gripper scrapes the coating off the strings: should this happen?

Is it my fault or the machines? Maybe I should've been more thorough on the setup, any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
pip.cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 10:20   #2
elig012

Default problems with pros pro machine

Hello,
I see that you have problems that I faced too.
I don’t have much experience with this machine but I can tell you the next comments from my short experience:
* I have the same problem with the griper: it scrapes the strings. I think that this problem is in the griper structure (it has inside it like little tooth that prevents the string of slipping of the griper). For now, I just stick between the string and the griper paper that solve this problem, but I hope to find better solution.
*The problem with the clamps (the default ones). I tried Some samples of strings. I experienced problems with one string that is more sensitive (I guess that all the strings that have structure that includes lots of fibers will have this problem). I got to a point that from one hand the clamps caused the string to have little fractures but still when I put tension the string was slipping off. In my opinion, this clamps not designed well. I Think that this clamps can't scatter the squeeze presser well, and then the presser per square inch is breaking the strings.
If someone can share some knowledge I'll be glad also.
If you have findings, please share.
Good luck.
elig012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 10:40   #3
pip.cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by elig012 View Post
Hello,
I see that you have problems that I faced too.
I don’t have much experience with this machine but I can tell you the next comments from my short experience:
* I have the same problem with the griper: it scrapes the strings. I think that this problem is in the griper structure (it has inside it like little tooth that prevents the string of slipping of the griper). For now, I just stick between the string and the griper paper that solve this problem, but I hope to find better solution.
*The problem with the clamps (the default ones). I tried Some samples of strings. I experienced problems with one string that is more sensitive (I guess that all the strings that have structure that includes lots of fibers will have this problem). I got to a point that from one hand the clamps caused the string to have little fractures but still when I put tension the string was slipping off. In my opinion, this clamps not designed well. I Think that this clamps can't scatter the squeeze presser well, and then the presser per square inch is breaking the strings.
If someone can share some knowledge I'll be glad also.
If you have findings, please share.
Good luck.
I know the gripper can be adjusted simply with an Allen key, but even after doing this is still left an imprint in the string. Maybe I will try the paper next.

I string with Wilson Sensation and this seems like a very sensitive string when being clamped, I also use babolat syn gut which is fine. I have tried many times to clamp the sensation properly and still haven't found the perfect point to clamp them at..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
pip.cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 02:39   #4
BallJacker

As for the gripper crushing the string, there should be a screw at the end of the gripper that limits the sides from closing all the way.
BallJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 01:01   #5
Rob2D

I bought a pilot a couple years ago and still use it on an almost weekly basis. Great for the price.

Are you using the included clamps with the 3 teeth????

At the time I had trouble with those too so I immediately switched to the all purpose badminton/tennis clamps that I bought from pros pro at the same time.

Solved my problem. They have more, smaller teeth and they don't grip as hard.
Rob2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 07:31   #6
elig012

Default Do you mean that the pro's pro universal clamps (witch with 5 tooth) solved your prob

Do you mean that the pro's pro universal clamps (witch with 5 tooth) solved your problems?
If it does, I'll buy them (I thought about purchasing them before…)
elig012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 17:54   #7
Rob2D

Yeah universal, that was it. Much better clamp IMO.
Rob2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-08, 07:42   #8
grigoredumitru95

Thumbs up

https://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/pros-...dminton-clamp/
Pros Pro products do not give calitate.Gamma, Babolat, Wilson................
grigoredumitru95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-08, 07:53   #9
grigoredumitru95

Thumbs up

yes (witch with 5 tooth) Pro pro to check the 3 leaf, nut threads to be good, with a cloth 2 jaws of the clamp, a glaze grinding sticks on the 2 jaws of clestelui.Succes !!!!
grigoredumitru95 is offline   Reply With Quote