Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2017-03-18, 16:57   #1
topspn

Default Babolat Pure Drive Natural Gut Breakage

I'm looking for a solutions for breakage of natural gut breakage in Babolat Pure Drive. I can not consistently keep natural gut in the mains of these frames for more a few weeks. The string will break at the T5, 6, or T7 hole. Pacific gut and Klip gut both. Never had this issue with other frames. I think that the Poly is more resistant to being cut on the sharp edge of the frame. If I examine the grommet strip at the hole where the break occurs there is almost always a slight perforation at the acute angle edge of the hole usually at T-5,6,or 7 occasionally at H-7. I have tried using greater care with tension at tie-off actually trying to decrease tension a little. If I replace the gromeBabolatt strip, I can usually get two stringings before the string will break at the same location. My assumption is that if there are other stringers putting gut in this frame they have had the same issue OR that synthetics are popular enough and easier to string and only a few people try to put gut in these frames. I have no difficulty with crosses! Any ideas or suggestions?
topspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 18:10   #2
Manden
Tennis monster

Send a message via Skype™ to Manden

its not really a gut racket. it provides plenty of power to use synthetic. try a nylon or a zyex string, its what is called monogut and i like them alot
Manden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbabolat, gut, natural gut string, pure drive