Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2018-07-05, 03:39   #1
thorswhisper

Default Serrano 6000

I have the opportunity to buy a Serrano 6000 drop weight machine and am curious about opinions on this older machine. Just looking to string for myself and a few others.
thorswhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 22:09   #2
thorswhisper

Wow, That popular?
Old 2018-07-12, 21:35   #3
marcoforehand

I have no direct experience with the Serrano 6000. I have looked at them online. My sense is that may be more of a "collectable" then a daily stringer.
I would have concerns about accessing parts, maybe ask the people @ TennisMachines.com if they service them or have opinions ?
marcoforehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 14:59   #4
thorswhisper

It appears that the only really wearing part to this stringer is one bearing ,which is easily available. So unless there are parts missing, parts shouldn’t really be an issue. Calibration shouldn’t be a concern as it’s a constant pull drop weight. Clamp wear is a consideration but after looking at the construction of them, that can be compensated for by removing a small amount of metal from the inside of them and adjusting accordingly. Basically it seems like it’s the forerunner to the Neos 1000 with the simplicity of a drop weight incorporated into it.It is quite heavy to move and shipping will be quite expensive/risky. Sadly I bet a lot of these were simply thrown away.
Old 2018-07-18, 11:48   #5
Mclud

Hi, I have a Serrano stringer in my garage. I used it a lot in my younger years in the 80s and 90s for stringing wooden rackets and of course mid and over size when they appeared. Used it again a few years ago when I took up tennis again after almost 20 years of absence. I love stringing with the Serrano. it is extremely easy to string with and if there was a world championship in fast stringing I would use this machine. There is a downside since it has only two mounts for securing the racket. I had to make the bar holding the clamps longer in a steel workshop to be able to string over sized rackets. But my model was from early 70s. I used a steel bar across the racket when stringing the main strings to help out keeping the form of the rackets. I never had an accident though even when stringing prince pro OS at 30 plus kilos or wooden rackets of poor quality.
Buy it! It is piece of tennis history!
Mclud is offline   Reply With Quote