Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2018-09-12, 14:15   #1
andhel

Default New stringer

Apologies if this is far too broad a question and/or if its been asked before. I am about to advertise a stringing service at my university where there is significant demand for restrings.

I currently only have (for personal use) Tecnifibre black code and Tecnifibre synthetic gut and have used ruff code (tecnifibre) previously.

Are there any suggestions as to a few reels that I should purchase that will offer a decent range of options but wont be too expensive?

Ive just purchased 200m reel of Luxilon Alu power rough, I'm also thinking a reel of Babolat Hurricane or RPM as this must be a popular string.

What are peoples thoughts on low end strings I once bought some Pros Pro but the strings broke within 30 minutes and haven't used since. I used to use Apollo and didnt have an issue with this make
Thanks
andhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 21:28   #2
Beulakker73

prozeo from Tyger , Yonex poly tour 1.25 , msv focus hex , dyreex. black edge ,1.25
Beulakker73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 21:41   #3
andhel

Thanks, some interesting choices here and a couple of manufacturers I wasn't really aware of.

Is it true that you often pay for the name with some of the well-known brands, as I said earlier I have used Apollo strings and they were great.
andhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 20:21   #4
djbonnell

I've had good luck with Tourna Big Hitter Blue 17 gauge - a soft copoly that plays well, holds its tension, is comfortable on the arm, and inexpensive: a full reel (660 ft) costs $73 (16 1/2 restrings). If you are at college, I would think that most restrings would like synthetic gut as well as poly - a full reel of Gamma syngut with wearguard costs $60. the Tourna works well as a hybrid with either syngut or a multifilament. You can't go wrong with Babolat RPM Blast 17 or 18 gauge, but it's costly. Many inexperienced players will get arm trouble using poly because it's stiff and transmits shock from off center hits.
djbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18   #5
E_Campbell

Agree with djbonnel.
I've also used Tourna Big Hitter Blue 17 g. - reasonable quality for that small money.
E_Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote